Okay, so never really have gotten into the whole blog thing and am going to try again. Bear with me. It may or may not work at the Bjornlie household. If you are following let me know and I will try to keep posting other wise I may not come back. It is a busy household around here this week. Caelan has a major project for school due tomorrow and it starts Homecoming week for Kelci. Drill team does a lot during the week and she will be busy, busy. Mom has been busy for a month now making a mum(pics to follow) and getting everything ready for the girls. We decorated the locker room today and it looks great. No hints till tomorrow. Since Michael was home from the Army both kids got their mums early and now I will be able to spend tomorrow with Caelan working on his school stuff. All in all I think it worked out to be a good trade off a full day for each kid!
Okay so about the Homecoming mum. She asked for a few things...A Camo bear for Michael, a whistle because she is captain and gets to blow the whistle now, and that is be bigger than last year. No hard task right? Have you ever seen an army bear on a mum or even how to make one? Me neither but I did it! Her Nana and I made the mum ourselves and out did last years just like she asked for. 8 braids, 64 ribbons, 8 chains, 50 trinkets, bells, whistle, a HAKA ribbon, lights, and too much more even to list. She had to weigh the monster thing and it weighed over 5lbs. Watch out what you ask for girlie, you might just get it!!!! I loved every minute of getting to make it, especially since it is a big Texas tradition and Michael is not from Texas so he doesn't get the whole mum thing. So this was from her mom and her Nana even if it does have his name on it and a Camo bear for him! So I won't get to make another Monster mum till Caelan's girlfriend needs one. Although I don't think we could ever out do this one. With love Kelci, mom

No comments:
Post a Comment